Friday, August 17, 2018

5 months ago....


I still cry when I remember Kelsie.
The tears just ooze into my eyes.
But 17 years is a very long time to have a doggy companion, especially one who was so fond of me.
It was only 5 months ago she left us forever. 
Here she is laying on the bedspread. I had taken the sheets off to remake the bed, and I looked around and there she was!


These photos are from 2006. I have many pictures of Kelsie and I'm sooooo glad I do! We had such fun times together. She loved to lay on the back step and keep an eye on things. It was a little hard to get out the door though! She never liked to move once she had laid down.


Kelsie adored my Dad. She always laid down at his feet when he visited. I miss those days of his visits. 
Life is extremely short.
You think it will last forever, as it sure feels that way when you are young. But be prepared. Enjoy each precious day when it comes. Take nothing for granted.
I have enjoyed all the days God has blessed me with, but looking back they seem like a mist; like a dream.
However I'm grateful for each one of them. 
I'm grateful for the happiness which bubbled inside all the hours I've lived with my loved ones, both human and animal.

By Loretta Houben

No comments: