Sunday, March 17, 2019

One year without Kelsie...


Today is March 17, 2019.
A whole year has passed by since Kelsie died.
I've been thinking so much about her this weekend.
The other night she was in my dreams all night long.
The other week I heard her collar jingle from the laundry room. Truly. She will always remain a part of me.


These photos in this post were taken on April 28, 2009; ten years ago on Kelsie's 8th birthday. Oh the happy days when dear Dad could see, and he and Mom would walk over to visit, sit a while, and walk back home. This was one of the happiest times of my life. I tried so hard not to take it for granted. Dad was 79 in this picture, and Mom was 75. Kelsie loved it when they visited.


This lovely home and beautiful garden is long gone, on Aberdeen Street and Vanness. Everything is so ugly now. No one plants tulips or has a garden. 


Kelsie's 8th birthday cake. 


A walk in the evening too, under the gorgeous Kanzan cherry trees.


What are they looking at? We often wandered far from home. Kelsie was ecstatic. On this occasion, we had given Matthew a lift home. He used to live in this area. I had actually forgotten until I looked at the street signs! So Kelsie had a car ride too, on her birthday. She adored car rides.


Then she would sleep very well at night. Sometimes she would bark softly in her sleep. 
Good night, dear little dog. An era is at an end. 

By Loretta Houben

No comments: