Monday, July 1, 2019

HAPPY 90TH BIRTHDAY, DEAR DAD! JULY 1ST, 2019


It's my Dad's 90th birthday today.
As I type late at night, there are fireworks going off at Central Park in the distance for Canada Day, known as Dominion Day until 1982.


 I can hardly believe my Dad is 90! It's quite amazing.
We celebrated on Saturday, May 4th because Marlene and Dan couldn't make it in July.


 However, today we took him out for ice cream at Burnaby Village Museum, and he really enjoyed that.
This is a collage of photos of his young life.


 I think he was a very cute boy. Matthew reminded me of him so much. I think they have a similar nature.


 From his prairie days to his life in the big city, Dad seemed to always enjoy each day. 


 I wrote a birthday piece about him for the Renfrew Collingwood newspaper, and it was published and I picked up a few copies on Friday. Once it's online I'll post it on this blog.


 I'm so thankful and blessed to have parents who are godly and dedicated to each other and to their family. 


 It means a great deal to me in this present day and age in which we live. I'm glad my Dad valued his life and chose to follow the Lord at a young age, and live up to his full potential. He didn't have an easy life, but he never shirked his duty. 


 Dad didn't forsake his wife or desert her, and he always brought home a steady paycheck. He took us on summer holidays, and was there each weekend. He never went golfing or fishing. 


 He took us to church each Sunday, and lived an upright, Christian life, and was a good example of what a good and holy man could be even in the decadent world in which we presently live. 


 Dad was fortunate to marry a Christian woman who stuck by his side, and they have been married for nearly 64 years. I'm thankful that my Mom was a true help-meet for him.


 No, I've never taken my parents for granted, and I'm grateful for my dear Dad, Jack Williams, and his love for his family. 
Happy birthday, dear Dad, and God bless you richly.

Love always...Loretta

No comments: