Monday, July 30, 2007

Nijmegen continued...

Annet has a pretty wild garden in back and 2 guinea pigs and a white rabbit. Her home was built in the 1930's. All the kitchens here are so tiny and narrow and have no place to eat in. My house back home seems very spacious! Annet's house has 3 floors with very steep stairs. We rode back to Leon's house and had tea. Robert, Matthew and Sjan walked to a bookstore and I fell asleep on the couch. Annet made supper and sang as she prepared it. She has a lovely voice. We had cucumber soup, salad with chopped apple and goat cheese, tomato and cheese quiche, brocolli and salmon quiche, and chocolate mousse with whipped cream for dessert. We rested a bit. Vera (age 14) and Roos (age 12), their daughters, came at 5:00 and joined us for dinner. They had been with friends and biked here. Children bike all over the city and it is very safe to do so. We had to pedal back to the Central Station to drop off the bikes. I didn't think I could do it. Fortunately it was all down hill! I can't believe I biked for 20 km!!! For 3 1/2 hours!!! But it was quite an adventure. Annet and her family are very nice. We really liked them!

No comments: