Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ashley's beautiful nameless melody...

Here is my first Youtube video, showing my 14 year old niece, Ashley, playing on her piano at home. She is in Grade 9 Royal Conservatory of music, and I think she plays divinely. I took this video clip on Easter Sunday with my Nikon camera and it turned out quite well, I think, however the piano needs to be tuned! This is the very same piano that my mother learned how to play on, far away in Amity, Oregon. The piano was moved to Canada in 1969; it's a Kimball brand, and I also learned how to play on it. I call the melody "nameless" because Ashley's teacher photocopied the piece with the title missing. I adore this piano piece, so if you know its name, please let me know. Enjoy!


 

1 comment:

Betty said...

That's wonderful. She's very talented.

And you are too...learning how to put a video on your blog. Hmmmm...I wonder if I could figure that out?