Sunday, April 5, 2009

Robert's 50th birthday celebration

Robert has begun his year of jubilee. In other words, he is now an antique. (or what I always thought was an antique, and very old and ancient) It's funny how your thoughts change as you age! 

Some of the family met with us at Samosa Garden Restaurant on Kingsway near Boundary in Vancouver yesterday, for a delicious Indian/African buffet meal. My parents braved the cosine and tried it out. Aside from being a little spicy for them, they enjoyed it, and the rest of us ate until we were stuffed. 

Nineteen people and one excited dog squeezed into our living room afterwards, where Robert opened hilarious birthday cards and some lovely gifts. I think he was rather pleased. We had a door prize draw, and filled out a quiz about how well everyone knew Robert. Even I was surprised. 

Afterwards we enjoyed birthday cake and ice cream, and watched a slide show on TV showing Robert's pictures from his childhood, teen years, and up to the present. 50 years is a wonderful amount of time to live! Happy birthday, Robert, and may you have a terrific year, with many more to follow!














2 comments:

Teragram Nebuoh said...

Yes! Here's to another 50!
Love,
Margaret

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

My husband is 4 years older than me. He hit 50 first so I had lots of time to get used to hearing that number...after a while, it didn't seem so ancient. When my turn came to become 50, the adjustment was relatively easy. Now, in four years, we'll see how well I handle my husband turning 60!