Monday, January 25, 2010

Flylady and sticking to my goals

I joined a site called Flylady. Some of my online friends love her. So far from the emails I received today, I've learned that it doesn't take much to keep your house clean. It takes discipline. There's that word again! Flylady is really into a clean kitchen sink. Fortunately I am too, and I already have this down pat. Whew. Today's email states that if you spend 15 minutes per day de-cluttering, you will save $1040 per year by not buying any more $20 clutter per week! Wow. It's amazing how all these things add up. This year I've kept on track. It's now Day 25 and I haven't had a cookie since 2009. It's unbelievable. I'm bound and determined to be disciplined and shed the pounds. I've lost a total of 6 lbs this year! Cool! I'm happy with that. Whenever I skip having a cup of coffee at the mall, I put a twoonie into my little stash for dolly money. I may be able to buy a new doll by March. Or I could save it for my office, which I want to renovate. I would like to get a corner desk for the computer, and get rid of my monstrous desk which is taking up way too much space. In its place, I'd put a floor to ceiling book case from Ikea, and whatever books didn't fit on it I would sell. I think I have too many projects, but I like variety!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I did Fly Lady for a while, but the E-mails got to be stressful after a while. Of course, you can just turn off the mail and read at her site. She does have some good ideas. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I do flylady too! Love her!