Monday, June 14, 2010

Memory Monday

My 1st birthday, June 15, 1961.
Yes, tomorrow I'll be the big 50.
It makes me shudder, and strikes terror into my soul!
Only recently has it occurred to me that Time is passing swiftly by, and I'm helpless to do a thing about it.
However, my sister Leona had a mini surprise party for me on Saturday, and it cheered me up immensely. Two old friends, and two new friends, plus Leona, helped me forget my advancing age. We ate lunch at Marcelo's on Commercial Dr. It was lovely.
Robert was camping near Gibsons, and my parents are still immobile, due to my Dad's glaucoma eye surgery last Monday. This week I'll be celebrating here on my blog by adding all the "special" birthday photos I can find to scan in.
Who knows why on earth I'm bawling in the above photo...I wouldn't bawl now for a piece of cake!

3 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Birthday, Loretta! Wouldn't it be lovely if we could turn back the clock and have the wisdom we enjoy today? In any case, our family and friends appreciate us just the way we are. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Betty said...

Happy Birthday!! You're a kid compared to me. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Fifty is the new twenty...haven't you heard?

Helen said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy today! It is your special day! You are only half a century. Doesn't that sound younger than 50.