Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Regis & Kelly are in Prince Edward Island!

Every once in a while I watch TV. A year ago I discovered the show "Regis and Kelly" and enjoyed it a lot. I never remember to watch TV at 9:00 am as I'm usually on the computer, however I saw a commercial advertising them both in PEI this week, so each day I've tuned in!
It's been so enjoyable to see the beauty of PEI shown on TV. Kelly, dressed up as Anne of Green Gables on yesterday's episode, was a sight not to be missed.
Robert and I also had a chance to dress up; me as Anne, he as Matthew Cuthburt, back in June 2008.
Yes, ever since I read "Anne of Green Gables" in 1973, I've longed to visit this jewel of a province, and my dream came true two years ago. It was better than my imagination! There really is red dirt! Here I am posing beside the gorgeous lupines, while 50 mosquitoes attacked me.

Robert playing his harmonica along the shoreline.
There are many beautiful beaches with hardly anyone on them.
We rented a car and roamed all over the Island.

Lucy Maud Montgomery's birthplace, the author of "Anne of Green Gables".
(just in case you didn't know)

The room where Lucy was born.
Me standing beside the place where "Anne of Green Gables" was written.
The original farmhouse is long gone.

Green Gables, where Lucy Montgomery's cousins lived.
She spent many happy times here.
Anne's room.
I do so wish I could return to PEI. It felt like I belonged there!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi Loretta,
I forgot Regis and Kelly are in PEI. I missed yesterday's show. I will try to remember to watch today. I know it will be good.