Sunday, May 29, 2011

Red sandals, red jacket...

Here I am, wearing my free new red sandals, plus a red jacket I bought a while ago, but had never worn. It's very comfortable. In browsing the vintage clothing blogs which are my passion lately, I've been inspired to wear something similar. I adore the clothes of the 1940s - 1950s. However I've never sewn any vintage patterns from this era; this is the closest I can come. I felt a little out of place wearing this to church last Sunday. But it was very comfortable, and what do you think of my huge grey purse, which adequately holds my Bible so it doesn't get wet?
I must say, those vintage clothing models in Blogland are a brave group of women...more power to them!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I think you look very nice. I've always been tempted to dress in a hat and white gloves for Easter, but I'd look a little out of place now. That's how we dressed every year when I was growing up. I had no idea there were vintage clothing blogs.

Unknown said...

Hi girlfriend!
I have had one hard time leaving comments as I know others have in blogland!
I have to smile at you in this picture! You look like you are an American and should be waving our flag for Memorial Day!
Hope you are happy and care free!