Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our 6th day in Anaheim, UFDC convention; Thursday, July 28, 2011

On Thursday, July 28, 2011 I slept in! It felt marvelous!
I went to the salesroom before my workshop at 2:15 pm; "Shopping in Paris with Bleuette".
It was a wonderful workshop. Apparently I was fortunate to get in it, as there was space for only 25 people. Marie Scopel sat with me. She is a member of the BSC and her needlework is astounding.

Here is the darling kit, with everything preassembled.
The tiny Bleuette is only 5" tall.

Carol Wesby was our instructor. I kept up well with the rest.
I sewed the first dress, and glued the second! Glueing is much quicker, but I will finish the rest of the outfits by sewing.

Here she is in her new underwear.

The darling set of clothes. These belonged to the instructor.

These are the two dresses I made. It took me 3 hours!
The cigar boxes were trimmed and decorated by Carol; her son took the photograph for the background, and he also painted the background, which is actually printed.

We met Marie and her friend Mary for supper at Overland Stage, which was delicious as usual.
At 7 pm we hurried to Publisher's Preview, where I met Donelle Denery.
At 9 pm we were invited to Gael's room for a "PJ party" with our Bleus. Linda and I hurried and had a soak in the hot tub before that time, as we were so exhausted. The photos of the PJ party are on my Bleuette blog. I also packed most of my things, as we had one more day before heading home.

No comments: