Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A CHRISTMAS TEA!

On Saturday, November 19, 2011, we went window browsing in Kerrisdale, which is on the West side of town. I wish I lived near shops just like these. Alas, my little area of Kingsway has gone downhill over the past 30 years, and there is nothing like this in walking distance!

Robert tagged along for the first few shops.
Here we are in Hobbs Florist on W 41st Avenue.

This Christmas tree had snow falling over it, which was a pretty sight.
This is how I like snow!



The view from above.
I resisted buying anything from this store.

Me in my thick Russian style fur coat.
It was bitterly cold but the sun was shining.

A silver Christmas tree in the shop next door.

The Secret Garden tea shop, where we met Marie and Ashley for high tea.

Oh yummy!
It was delicious as always.

We've made this a yearly tradition.
Next year we'll try it in December, when a harpist plays Christmas music.

The croissants had bacon, goat cheese, and avacado. Those were my favourites!

The dessert; lemon tarts, pumpkin squares and brownies.

Outside the Secret Garden tea shop.
We had a lovely time.

2 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

Love, love, love your beautiful coat. I so wish we had a proper tea shop in my area. How much fun that would be. Happy Thanksgiving!
Maureen

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Looked like a marvelous time ! Great pics !