Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

We in Vancouver BC live half in China, so we celebrate along with the Chinese for their New Year.
This year is the Year of the Dragon.
Purdy's, our local chocolate shop, had the red packages with chocolate coins inside.
I'm never adverse to eating chocolate!
I had red jello with frozen (once fresh) raspberries with our chicken meal.
Yummy!
(we celebrated last week when Matthew was here)

This is how I decorated my kitchen hutch.
Any chance I can, I will bring out the dolls!
I bought the Chinese teapot many years ago from Regal Greetings and Gifts, now long gone like many other fine Canadian institutions.
The beautiful plate was a 40th birthday gift from an Oriental friend.
Samantha, my AG doll, is wearing a pretty pink tunic from eBay.
Mulan is a new doll, bought last year, from the Disney store. I thought she was so cute!
Ruthie is wearing a green tunic which I designed.


Happy Chinese New Year to All!

No comments: