Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Saying farewell...

Last night I made a special roast beef dinner with baked potatoes, baked carrots, gravy and Yorkshire pudding for Matthew's farewell dinner. For the past 2 months he has been living at home in order to save on rent. He paid a little rent while here and banked the rest, as he is flying today to St. Louis to stay with his aunt Marlene and uncle Dan for a few months. He intends to explore the area and learn a few things about tailoring from uncle Dan. It should be a fun time for him. I so enjoyed having him back home again, as he always makes me laugh, and he's a good cook when he decides to cook.

Robert is ready to eat. Kelsie always loves to be in photos.

Kelsie knew something was up today. We all got up at 5 am and headed out the door at 5:30 am.
Matthew and I have no problem getting up at that early hour if we are headed out the door for a trip to the airport! Of course it's much more exciting for Matthew. I love the airport.

Posing by the famous sculpture, "The Spirit of Haida Gwaii" by Bill Reid. 

Filling out his customs form. He is flying to St. Louis today via Dallas, Texas.
He's spending time there to see the sights, visit with his aunt Marlene and Uncle Dan, and learn a few tailoring tricks in order to make his own wardrobe. I bet he will have a great adventure, but I will miss him so much.

He texted his Dad. I took a photo. Tee hee... People often stare at me when I mention what Matthew is up to now. I mean...St. Louis? Not Florida? Not Hawaii? But it's very interesting down there. I always meant to return, but my travel list is too big, and my moola too small!
Have a wonderful time, dear Matt!

No comments: