Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A very HOT summer in Vancouver BC!

I see I'm very behind on my dear blog!
I blame it on the gorgeous summer weather here, which has been extremely hot and dry.
We broke all records since 1937, when temps began to be recorded, for the DRIEST July on record in Vancouver BC!!!!!!
That deserved 6 exclamation marks!
It was exhilarating to wake up each day and see a blue sky. I've always wondered what it felt like and now I know. You really do have more energy except when the afternoons with 30 C temps hit and then you feel like taking a nice little nap.
The above doll was purchased on BC day, August 5. She is a plastic type, and very cute. I think she's celluloid. She was only $28 at the Delta antique show. I love German dolls and braids!
The handmade table cloth was only $12 and it's completely hand embroidered with crocheting all around the edge. The prices were very good at the show this time. Afterwards we went to Steveston for a while, a fishing village on the edge of the Fraser River.

Here is my little flower garden at the height of summer.
How I love summer when it turns out like this!
I purchased the hanging baskets on the garage, and I planted all the rest.
I hope you all are having a great summer too!

1 comment:

Simply Shelley said...

Your finds are great. Glad you are enjoying your summer. All our summers are always so hot and dry,but this year we have had a good amount of rain which has kept things greener than normally in the summer. Your flowers are beautiful to say the least...what a nice place for a garden tea party :) Love your sweet doll! Blessings friend