Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas past...1961-1962

I'm going through my vintage photos and tweaking them in PicMonkey program.
I am having fun! There is an option to make the picture more clear, and that really helps with these old photos. This is 1961, and I'm happily playing with my new toys. Leona wasn't born yet, so I was the princess.

Tee hee...I apparently was petrified of new things! But this tricycle became one of my favourite toys and I rode on it until I was 10, being of a very slender frame. It was sturdily made in the USA of steel, and purchased with green stamps which my Mom had saved up before moving to Canada.

I love this photo, as my Mom gave it to me recently and I'd never seen it before.
My Dad was 32.

1962, the last Christmas in the little house on Euclid Street.
Leona was 7 months old now, but I guess she was sound asleep in her crib.
I got a pink doll cradle, which I also played with for years.

And I got an ironing board and an iron and here I am at work!
By Loretta Houben

1 comment:

Simply Shelley said...

Just precious Loretta...you have some wonderful photos...Merry Christmas Blessings to you and yours