Monday, August 25, 2014

Visiting the past in Cloverdale BC.

I'm rather behind in my blog postings this summer of 2014, due to the heat and humidity we have experienced for nearly four months. I don't really do too well in that kind of environment and turn into a limp dishrag! I've also been keeping up with household chores, gardening, taking care of my parents, and writing each month for the Renfrew Collingwood Community newspaper.
In between those things, Robert and I get away and do something different each weekend, as this summer due to his new job and the project he's working on, he doesn't get time off except for a day here and there.

Saturday August 23 we headed out to Cloverdale, just across the Fraser River one half hour drive from our home. While poking about online last year I discovered the

Volunteers have done a marvelous job re-building the Cloverdale Interurban Station.
Train 1225 is the one in the photo above. For $10 each you can ride it out into the countryside to Sullivan Station. The trains used to run out into Chilliwack! My Dad remembers riding on them as a youngster. This link shows the refurbishing of train 1225. What a great deal of work! And all by volunteers! Robert and I enjoyed our excursion immensely and we highly recommend it to all railway buffs!
By Loretta Houben

No comments: