Friday, January 9, 2015

The first AG doll in 2015!

Here she is, little Grace Thomas, GOTY 2015!
There's just something about her...to me she looks like a real girl and not a doll.
She looks mischievous!
I went downtown yesterday in the fog, using my hubby's bus pass as he took the car to work, and I headed for Michael's craft store first, looking for polka dot felt but they didn't have it, so went a few blocks to the AG store on Robson Street. It was very quiet after the hub bub of New Year's Day, so I took my time choosing the perfect Grace for me, as all the hairstyles were so different. None of the bangs were exactly the same! Then I had to pick out her welcome set which includes two packages of cookies, one bouquet of roses, a set of little postcards, and the pink beret. So cute!

I didn't want to spend all my money at once (tee hee!) so I chose this darling sweater and short and shoes outfit, instead of the pink party dress which I also love.
And I got Grace's little French bull dog.
Isn't it darling?

I also got Grace's ears pierced, because if you have it done in the salon for $16, you also get a set of darling French style earrings. (3 pairs) She is just so cute and I think I'll have a lot of fun with her!
I used a gift card Robert gave me for Christmas, and one from Marie. 
Vive la France!
Paris has been especially on my mind since the terrorist attacks there on January 7, 2015.
I had to celebrate my love of Paris in a good way, and what better way than to buy a new doll with Paris as her theme?
Loretta Houben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky you got Grace. I must admit there is something about her that keeps taunting me to buy her.She seems so special.

Anonymous said...

Too cute, Loretta. And I love the little bull dog!

Simply Shelley said...

Shes wonderful. I can't wait to get her too. It will be a while though. I'm having surgery on the 26th. Theres recovering time before I go anywhere fun ;) Please, remember me in prayer. I really don't take pain well. Not, surgery pain anyway! Alot of changes for me in 2015, but I'm trusting the Lord for great results. Blessings friend