Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Joseph and Elizabeth Williams...my paternal great grandparents.


2015 will mark a fantastic year for me in genealogy research!
I'll begin with the most recent thing. 
I've sent away for Joseph and Elizabeth Williams marriage certificate.
They were married in 1883.
I asked my genealogy group yesterday how to order a certificate, as I knew the volume and page number for it. They told me it was easy to do online; I no longer had to send pounds sterling through the bank and the mail system.

I was totally relieved to hear that!
I searched online and found this site. 
It's the general register office for births, deaths and marriages in the UK.
I registered and filled out the form, paid with my credit card, and it should be here in 7 days!

Because I'm suddenly becoming so successful at family history, I've started a new
Williams/Palmer GENEALOGY BLOG.
Please click on it to find everything in one place.
I've just begun but will be adding more to it as time allows.

By Loretta Williams Houben

No comments: