Thursday, January 21, 2016

Tuesday dinners and excursions


This past Tuesday when Matthew came over I made a favourite meal of ours; honey garlic chicken drummettes. You simply layer them in a foil lined pan, and cover with soya sauce, chopped garlic, and honey. Bake for two hours in a 325 F oven. Serve with rice.
Just yummy!
Matthew still has his job every Tuesday of setting up and taking down risers for a church choir, so we see him each week and that's just fine with us!


On Saturday, January 9, we had a chiropractor appointment and after shopping at Granville Island we picked Matthew up and we browsed a few stores on Main Street. I haven't done that in a long time. I don't really need anything but it sure is fun to browse.
Matthew bought two books, and I bought four. 
Mine were the set of The Borrowers by Mary Norton. I was pleased to find them.


This was a shop on Main Street full of 1960 era stuff. It sure took me back! How very weird to see things like this, and people looking at and buying it. Ack!
It was a fun day. Amongst all my days filled with migraine pain this month, there have been many nice days.
By Loretta Houben

No comments: