Monday, August 21, 2017

Aug 21: solar eclipse!


Today, August 21, 2017, there was a solar eclipse over certain states in the USA. Here in Vancouver BC we had an 87% eclipse but without special glasses I didn't notice anything unusual except a murkiness in the air. The sun dimmed a tiny bit, but if I wasn't aware of an eclipse happening I wouldn't have noticed anything.


Here is Kelsie, age 16, laying in her first partial eclipse and she didn't seem aware of anything. But she's half blind, so that isn't surprising. 
The next solar eclipse in these parts is in 2042 I believe. I'll be 82 so I might get the special glasses then. LOL!

I remember the solar eclipse on Feb 26, 1979. Here is a video clip of it from online:
1979 eclipse


And here is a photo I took this morning, showing a bit of eclipse shadows through the tree!


By Loretta Houben

No comments: