Tuesday, April 17, 2018

One month ago...


One month ago today Kelsie died.
It's been a hard month.
I've missed that dog so much.
I never knew you could get so attached to a dog.
Before Kelsie I'd never owned one.
Kelsie will always live on in my heart. For 17 years she was such a part of me, it feels like we are entwined forever.
The photo above was taken 2 years ago.
She always loved her birthday cake!



This was at the rhododendron gardens at Deer Lake two years ago. Kelsie loved her walks there.
This past weekend we went away to Victoria and it was the first time I'd got the suitcase out to pack, since Kelsie wasn't here. She always suffered such angst when I'd get the suitcase out of the closet in the kitchen, that I'd have to do it on the sly. She never liked us leaving. 
We had a lovely time in Victoria, even though it was icy cold, but it was so very strange to return to an empty house with no little dog happy to see us, and no little dog to have a walk with in the evening. How very lonely it is now. 


I'm so glad I took so many photos of Kelsie and our adventures together. This was taken two years ago in April on our way to the DQ when it was much warmer than this year! Kelsie loved her ice cream treats!

By Loretta Houben


No comments: