Sunday, December 20, 2020

Pandemic year of Covid-19 2020

 

I haven't blogged for nearly 1 1/2 years. I'm way behind, although the year of 2020 doesn't really count for much. Of course that isn't true, but it surely feels like it as all our dreams came crashing to the ground and are still laying in smithereens. It's been 9 months since the lockdown in BC was announced and Covid-19 hit Canada hard, although not as hard as the USA which is still reeling from the effects to this day.

I've kept a Covid diary and have written in it for the past 40 weeks. Yes, this will be week 41 of lockdown for us. Robert has worked at home since the middle of March, reaching 173 days here in his home office last week. Unbelievable. Now I know what it will be like to have him retired!

We have to spend Christmas with our own family bubbles in 2020. We can have no family members over unless they live here already. It's just another bleak time to live through, in a very bleak year, but we have our health so far, and we have food, shelter, warmth and love. I've realized exactly what we need to live. I always knew it of course, but took it for granted.

In June I turned 60, but there was no big celebration like there was for Robert. This is my 61st Christmas. This photo below shows me with my first doll in 1960. I will post a photo below it later, showing us 60 years later. She has been with me all these long years.


By Loretta Williams Houben

1 comment:

Simply Shelley said...

And now I have Covid. I am doing very well compared to some though and I’m thankful. My heart does go out to all those fighting the Covid battle. I know a handful who have passed from this life because of it. I’m thankful you and yours are well. Blessings, Shelley