Saturday, January 17, 2009

A foggy day

The thick pea soup fog we've had for a whole week is bothering my throat. Hopefully I won't get a relapse of laryngitis. I can hear a loud fog horn in the harbour whenever I'm upstairs; it goes off every 3 minutes. I'm amazed I can hear it so clearly as we are a half hour drive from the water. 

I'm going to clear a few things in the kitchen and prepare for my Christmas tea at 2:30. Leona and Linda have been invited. Linda responded immediately to my email invitation on Tuesday as the walls are closing in on her, but Leona, who has an invigorating job at a school didn't even look at her emails this week, and I had to contact her by old fashioned telephone to see why she didn't reply. But yes, she is coming too. I'll post pictures later, and let you know how it went.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I look forward to the pictures. Hope you had fun!