Thursday, January 29, 2009

Two packages in one day!

I had to keep this post separate from the other exciting one! I received two packages in the mail today. I'll admit that I'm an online buying junkie, when I have some cash. I'd much rather shop on the Internet than at the mall. Lately I hate the mall, as all the clothes in the stores are for tooth pick thin people, and nearly all the clothes look like they are from a glorified thrift store. The workmanship and the fabric are appalling. And then there are those hundreds of shoe stores, shoes which I cannot wear anymore due to my poor left foot and its injury.
My favourite online stores are eBay, American Girl, Amazon.ca (free shipping on orders over $39 Cdn!), and Etsy. What a delight those places are. I bought an adorable doll from the past on eBay, made by Uneeda doll company in the 1960's, and she arrived today. (the other pkg was from American Girl) Here is her picture, (see below) with an "identical" doll of my own, which I named Buffy. You can tell by her condition that I loved her to death. My Aunt Pat Brutka sent this doll to me in the mail when I was 8 or 9 years old, back in the 1960's. I can distinctly remember opening the box and finding her inside. I had lovely aunties. They sent me lots of pleasant things by post, and they are to blame for my addiction to packages! Aunt Pat was my mom's sister in law, married to her brother, Walt. They had one child, name Judy, who currently lives in beautiful Oregon.
This "newer" doll is called "Bride Time". Isn't she darling?


By Loretta Houben

1 comment:

Betty said...

She's cute and I'm glad your little doll from childhood has a playmate now. Enjoy!