Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

These gorgeous roses were part of a spectacular bouquet given to me by my hubby of course, in 2006. I love this colour of pink. I think it's more of a peach but had to share.

  

Here's a picture of me and my hubby, Robert, in 2006. Last year's photo had red in it. This year there won't be a photo as I look pretty ghastly, due to a bad case of bronchitis. And I nearly forgot to post that it's a very appropriate Pink Saturday, and you can click on the Pink Saturday Button in my sidebar to see hundreds more pink Saturday posts! This lovely day is hosted by Beverley.


 

And here is one of my favourite Chatty Cathy dolls, a Canadian blonde pig tail, wearing one of my creations which I sold. I'm so sick I haven't done any Valentine decorating this year. This is the first time I've been sick on Valentine's Day and even our son was concerned and said that I HAD to get better for today! My sweet hubby went out to get my medication last night, and came home with a fantastic arrangement of a dozen red roses, with 2 gorgeous PINK balloons and an adorable huge plush teddy bear. Hidden in the arrangement is a box of Lindt chocolates. (a small box) Isn't this just the cutest thing? It's already helped me feel nearly 50% better. And the antibiotic is beginning to take effect too! (Alas, I have bronchitis) Picture to follow later...but first this shows some of the very PINK Valentines I made this year.


  


And here are the Valentine pictures from this year:



My sweetie bringing in my surprise!



By Loretta Houben

12 comments:

Judith said...

The roses are gorgeous and the cards are just beautiful. Hope you are feeling better soon. Happy Valentines Day, Judith

Linda said...

That Robert is really something...he is so sweet to you!! I bet that chocolate will make you feel almost as good as the antibiotic!! I wasn't sure you would be up to posting for Pink Saturday! You must be feeling a tiny bit better! Chatty looks mighty cute!!

My name is Riet said...

Happy pink Valentine's day , Hopefully you feel better soon.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Happy Pink Saturday, oh, and ♥Valentine's Day♥ too!!

Char said...

Happy Pink Sat to the happy couple and Happy Valentines Day too. Char

Betty said...

I'm glad you're on the mend. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day. Enjoy the flowers and candy.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Day & Happy Valentine's Day! Have a wonderful day and hope you're feeling better.

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Hope you are feeling better!!

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day Loretta!

Susan

Deanna said...

I hope you are feeling better today. I just got over my bronchitis two days ago so I can imagine how you must be feeling

I love the picture of you and your sweetie. Those Valentine's you made are just adorable!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day too!
Deanna :D

Patricia said...

Your pinks are just lovely. I love your dolls in the banner of your blog. I have really enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog and hope to see you once again at Pink Saturday.
Patricia
http://theunfinishedflower.typepad.com/

Miss Rhea said...

Love all of your pretty Pink photos. Chatty Cathy is adorable in her Valentine outfit !! :) Hope you are feeling better soon !! Being ill is no fun at all. Happy Valentines day and Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

a Pocket Angel said...

Loretta, So sorry to hear you have been so sick..
What darling 2006 photo of you & hubby..
What a cute dress for Chatty Cathy.
Congratulations on the weight loss.
take care! ~Mary~ :-}