Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tasty Tuesday Mar 3


Homemade chicken noodle soup, made last Thursday, with a slice of cheese bread from the local bakery. Sometimes I make my own bread to go with soup, as I have a small bread maker.
The soup is very simple. We buy our fryer chicken from a butcher shop. The chicken is free range, grain fed, and YES there is a difference in taste. We can't go back to buying the ones from Superstore! We had roast chicken dinner last Tuesday, and saved the carcass. I place the carcass in a pot of water, and simmer on medium/low heat for one hour. Then I remove the carcass, and add salt, pepper, and one chicken Oxo cube for flavour. In the last half hour of simmering (2 hours total to get good flavour) I add the leftover chicken meat, chopped carrots, and eggless noodles. Mmmm...it's so good!

1 comment:

Linda said...

It sounds really good!