Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival

Robert & I biking under gorgeous blossoms in April 2001.

Today is the beginning of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. All my life I've been in love with cherry blossoms. It's a true sign of Spring in Vancouver! I've been fortunate to live near five beautiful spots with gorgeous blooming trees. There's a street in walking distance that has ancient trees with boughs which overhang the road, meeting in a wonderous canopy of light pink blossoms. These ones are the first to bloom. I thought I had a picture of them, but can't find it in my numerous photo files.
I don't know the names of the trees, but these are some of my favourites. These beauties are at the Burnaby Public Library near Metrotown: (picture taken April 2003)
This photo (below) was taken in late April, 2003; on Wellington Street, Vancouver:
This is the place Matthew & Robert have gone for many years to get their Black Belts, and the trees in late March are stunning. (picture taken March 2004)

Here I am (below) walking Kelsie on Rupert St, where the trees are simply fabulous. (photo taken April 2005)

2 comments:

Betty said...

Beautiful pictures. The mountains in the background in that one picture are gorgeous. What a beautiful view you have!

RobinfromCA said...

Just gorgeous! I can almost smell them through the computer!

Robin