Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

Reduce, re-use, recycle!
Today is Earth Day. It's becoming more popular. I try to be a good citizen every day of the year, but I do like special days. The one thing I did today was SPRING CLEAN. I'm trying so hard to cut down on clutter! I'm a very cluttery type of person; it seems that unless there's at least 20 piles of laundry, paper, crafts, fabric, magazines, books, or whatever, that I'm just not happy. I have no other explanation for this state of affairs! Anyhow, our bedroom is now looking quite nice and presentable. I'm planning a special Chatty Cathy tea tomorrow, and wish to show the "doll room" to a new guest. I also mowed the back yard, and hung laundry out to dry. I use a push mower; no electricity and no gas fumes and no noise. I allow the grass clippings to fall back into the ground, thus reducing the need to fill up the garbage can, and the grass clippings actually cut down 95% on weeds, and keep the lawn green and lush. So I've done my part today! What did you do?

1 comment:

Betty said...

I should have decluttered. That's my biggest fault!