Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Blue Bayou

While riding "Pirates of the Caribbean" in Disneyland, we'd always longed to be one of the people eating in the "Blue Bayou", the fancy restaurant by the water's edge, just past the trees with Spanish moss, and the flickering fireflies. We inquired if we could place reservations, and lo and behold, we could do so, days in advance! We'd wanted to eat dinner there on my birthday but they were fully booked, so we arrived at 1:30 on Tuesday afternoon, June 16, at the mysterious, lamp lit Blue Bayou restaurant in the heart of New Orleans Square. We were not disappointed. Because we arrived early, we were able to secure a table beside the river's edge. It was a magical moment and better than I could imagine. Linda and I ordered the "Monte Christo", an amazing egg bread sandwich, filled with ham and cheese and deep fried. It came with scalloped potatoes and green and white beans. It was the best thing I've ever put in my mouth; yes, even better than chocolate! (If you click on each photo, you will see a large photo; you can really see our food well if you click on the above picture!) Robert had gumbo soup, and jambalaya. He said it was superb.
My flash was too bright, but otherwise you wouldn't be able to see my plateful of food. I also had a delicious salad with it, and there was a raspberry dip for the top of the meal.
Mmm....yummy!

No comments: