Friday, August 7, 2009

In case you're wondering...

I nearly croaked in our recent heat wave last week, and I'm slowly returning to normal. This past Monday, August 3, was BC Day. (to celebrate our British Columbia pioneers) Robert had the day off, and it was a beautiful hot day, but not too hot.
Last week we broke temperatures on 2 days in Vancouver. The temperatures were 33.5 on one day, and 34.4 on the next day. The records were broken for the past century. The heat seems to literally fry my brain. I couldn't think, I couldn't clean, I couldn't get dressed and I couldn't cook. I spent those 2 hot days at the mall and the library. The library mysteriously had their AC operating at 25%. They claimed it was broken. I claim they were saving money.
On Monday evening we went to Stanley Park, at Third Beach, to have a picnic supper. I took "Yvette Marie", my Bleuette doll, with to take photos. I don't have my new pink camera yet, so I lugged my huge Canon SLR camera with. It takes phenomenal pictures. It's fabulous, but quite heavy and bulky. I cannot hide it in my purse!
So here is Yvette Marie, my latest doll love. I made her little playsuit; it's a 1929 "Barboteuse". I decoupaged a scrap of fabric on her little sand pail to match.
Isn't she cute? She is handmade by a dollmaker, Connie Zink.
I also made her little BC flag and her red sandals.

No comments: