Friday, August 14, 2009

This and That

It's a grey overcast day here in Vancouver, and quite chilly. It feels sort of like Fall. Seeing as we had 2 full months of summer this year, I'm about ready for Fall but not quite. I'm already missing the long twilight evenings as the days are getting noticeably shorter. Each year seems to spin faster and faster.

This is my first summer without Matthew living at home. He's been gone for 8 months. I still miss him so much. Yesterday afternoon we met him at the Vancouver Art Gallery downtown on Robson Street. The gallery was built in 1907, originally as the Vancouver Court House. In 1983 it was renovated for the Gallery. We viewed Vermeer, Rembrandt, and old Dutch paintings from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. We were disappointed that there were only FOUR Rembrandt paintings in the whole gallery. It brought back such memories, as we went to the Rijksmuseum in 2007. 

I would love to re-visit the Netherlands soon! After the show, we went out for supper at a crepe place on Robson. I had a chicken and Swiss cheese crepe, Robert had a beef and Swiss cheese crepe, and Matthew had a ham panini sandwich. It was a fun time out.

No comments: