Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Christmas memory from 40 years ago!

This photo was taken in December 1969. My parents always bought our live tree from Simpson Sears in Burnaby. The tree was usually under $5.00. We each were given a pile of decorations to hang on the tree. We loved decorating! My Mom would put the tinsel on the next day while we were in school.
Leona is on the left, Marlene in the middle, and I'm on the right.

Christmas Eve, 1969. We each got baby dolls that Christmas. They had criers in them. If you click on the photos, you can see the details enlarged. Notice Leona lovingly cradling her doll. Notice me lovingly playing with my new toy; a grocery shopping set with a scale and adorable plastic Barbie size food. On the coffee table, you will notice a small battery operated lamp. Leona got up in the middle of the night, after the stockings were filled, and crept into the living room, fetched her stocking, and brought it back into the bedroom which she shared with me. She turned on the light, to my dismay, and took apart her stocking! She was going to tell me what was in it, and I told her she'd better hurry up and take it back to the living room, and she'd better NOT tell me what was in it! (we usually had the same items) Leona was 7 years old when she committed this crime.

No comments: