Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia

http://www.aerialphotoimage.com/panoramas/GreaterVancouver/OlympicVillageVancouver.html The neat link above will give you a panoramic view of the beautiful city where I live, and where the 2010 Winter Olympics will take place in just 2 days. If you click to the left of the view, and roam around and hover your mouse over those black floating dots in the sky, one of them will say "Metrotown, Burnaby" and I live quite close to there, so you can sort of get the idea of what I see every day. It's a very pretty landscape, and I always say we're quite a small village compared to NY City and Paris. However, the lower mainland area has a little over 2.1 million people, so traffic on busy days is quite a headache. I've noticed that recently the Skytrain cars are 4 in length, instead of 2, so that I actually get a place to sit down, which is wonderful. I use the Transit system about twice per week, as I don't work outside the home. I haven't seen any crowds yet.

1 comment:

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

It's beautiful there ... but noticeably without snow. I keep hearing on the news about the lack of snow there. I hope it doesn't ruin the skiing events. That's one of my favorite events to watch. I'm so excited for you! Are you planning to go to watch any of the events? I think the opening would be wonderful to see.