Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Olympic Flame in New Westminster

I seized the opportunity, dropped what I was doing (about to bake a cake for Matthew's 21st birthday) and headed to New Westminster for the passing by of the Olympic Torch. There were a lot of people, especially tall people, who kept getting in my way no matter where I stood! Oh to be tall...The sun was in my eyes most of the time, so I wasn't sure what I was taking pictures of! But it was a beautiful day, and very warm!
Here is the runner; I don't know his name.
Here he is, running past.
There he is, running into the distance.
This was so cool!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Oh yes...you couldn't miss that once in a lifetime opportunity. I would have gone too!

Unknown said...

wow...I knew you would be there. What a milestone memory for you. Now after the birthday bash for Matthew come and finish coloring. Were going to the Enchanted School room on Friday!