Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter! He is Risen!

We had a wonderful day together.
Easter is my favourite time of the year. I adore Easter and the hope of victory over death, made possible by the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
We picked up our parents, and met Marie and her family at Willingdon Church for the early 8:30 am service, which was a beautiful one.
Here's a photo of little Zoe, my gift Bleuette doll from Marcie, wearing a little dress I made. I posed her on my Easter table, beside the Easter bread I baked yesterday.
I had to take a picture of the North Shore mountains; there is more snow in April than there was in February. Robert predicted this would happen!

My parents paid for Easter brunch at Knight and Day Restaurant.
It was delicious!
Ashley, Marie, myself, and Leona.
Everyone came here for dessert and tea afterwards.
Colin, Paul and Matthew didn't make it. Sigh. Times have changed.
Matthew was able to come later and stayed until 9 pm.
The traditional Easter egg hunt.
Leona's scrumptious Easter cookies.

4 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

What a lovely time with family celebrating our blessed hope..your little Zoe is very sweet...a happy belated anniversary as well..have a most blessed week...

Unknown said...

Loretta, It looks as though you had a wonderful Easter weekend - celebrating your Anniversary and your DH birthday as well! I really enjoyed seeing your lovely pictures!

Brenda

Helen said...

Loretta, you had a lovely Easter weekend. Anniversary, birthday and Victoria. Thank you for the beautiful photos. Leona, those Easter cookies looks good.

Helen

Betty said...

I'm playing catch up today. It looks like you had a wonderful family Easter and I'm envious. I wish we lived near more of our family. I should have kept reading. Now I know you baked the Easter bread. Good for you!