Friday, April 16, 2010

A new spring outfit for Bleuette!

I cut this rain outfit out yesterday, and finished it today. I feel accomplished. This was our March/April challenge in the Bleuette Sewing Club. I used an old nightgown of mine, as we were to use what we had in our stash, and I applied fabric glue to the surface to make it waterproof. It was so sticky that I had to sew it all by hand! It wouldn't sew on my machine. I used LSDS pattern #44, 1948 for the rain cape, and Martha Nichol's hat pattern, and a rubber glove for the boots. Can you guess what I used to make the parasol?
Doesn't Yvette Marie looked pleased?

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful..a fitting new spring outfit. You do work magic with your sewing.

Helen said...

Hi Loreta,
There is a very creative outfit for Bleuette. Love it.

Betty said...

Very cute for Spring. Did you use some kind of cup hook for the handle of the umbrella?