Tuesday, May 4, 2010

BC Place roof deflated

This was taken at 10:35 am on May 4, 2010.
I walked around False Creek, which I haven't done since the Olympics, and tried taking different angles of BC Place. Wouldn't you know it; my batteries went dead and I had no others on me! I had to walk to the library (quite a hike from Main St Station) and found a corner store which sold batteries, and also coffee!
I spent some time downtown, (Granville Island of course) and on my way home I took this shot from the Skytrain window. How bare it looks!
After the battery purchase, I went back to an elevated point near GM Place, and watched the roof deflate while sitting on some steps, drinking my coffee. There were only a few people nearby. Not many seemed concerned that today was the end of an era.
Vancouver's skyline will look very odd with the big marshmallow gone.

No comments: