Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Writing Endeavors

I borrowed 2 more books on Russian history. I'm beginning to get the drift of the Russian empire and I must say it really doesn't impress me.
Did I mention lately how glad I am that I live here? And how thankful I am that my great grandparent's had the foresight to see into the future and escape to America while they could?
The picture above shows my grandparents and their children circa late 1920's I believe. My Mom wasn't born yet. Frieda is the baby held in my grandma Helen's arms. Ed is the dear boy picking his nose. To the left is Bertha, Walt and Robert. On the right is Emma and Lydia.
Personally I can't imagine having this many children...but they all look happy!

2 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

What a beautiful family photos, Loretta! So glad you have it, and that you know who they all are!

It's good to understand where we came from...and to be very grateful to live where and when we do now...don't think I'd trade with my ancestors, either!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Julie

Betty said...

Little Ed is adorable. A typical kid from just about any decade. I love old pictures.