Sunday, July 4, 2010

HAPPY JULY 4TH!

Happy 4th of July to all my dear American friends and relatives!
My Mom is American, so I'm half and half.
I spent many happy childhood summers in Amity, Oregon during the 1960's & 1970's.
I have many fond memories of the Apostolic Faith campmeetings in Portland OR, where the Colour Guard from the army would come and open the annual summer concert, and over 500 people would sing the American anthem, which is very stirring indeed.
American patriotism is very strong.
Thankfully, we Canadians are beginning to catch up, and show a little pride in our nation on Canada Day. (more flags flying, more red and white being displayed, more singing of "Oh Canada")
We live in a wonderful and blessed country.
May God continue to bless us as we seek His face.

3 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Happy 4th and a belated Canada day to you....your dolls are wonderful..do you restore your own dolls if so what a wonderful job you do......blessings

Betty said...

And Happy Canada Day to you a few days late!

I think of getting rid of my Chattys because I don't have room or time anymore and then I see a cute picture of your dolls and I change my mind. :) Mine are still dressed for St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous said...

I, too, wish much love to our American neighbours on this special day..and every day.

And I'm loving the patriotism that the Olympics stirred up for us here! I'm doing my best to keep it going...

Lynette