Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Writing

In the past 2 days I managed to write 2 articles, and yes, I sent them to 2 publishers. One was an article for our SCBWI newsletter which I'm no longer in charge of. Naturally this is all volunteer but good discipline. The other article was sent to our local newspaper, also volunteer work. Of course it would be wonderful to be paid, but I'm so slow and pokey that I'm not sure I'll ever write for payment! I always work best by the deadline. If there's no deadline looming, I simply don't write. Truly I don't understand myself. I love writing, but it seems not enough to strive for fame or mercenary gain. I'll let you know if the articles are published.

2 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

Writing is a reward in itself...just like blogging. The thought of any possibility of being published is icing on the cake. Good luck with that. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog today. I appreciated them.
Maureen

Shirl said...

Hello, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your post this week.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage