Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Memories

Beginning today, December 1st, I will be posting pictures from Christmas times past and present.
This Christmas memory is a new one, which took place on Sat Nov 27/10.
I took my Mom and Leona to the Secret Garden tea shop on West Boulevard in the Kerrisdale area.
This was my Christmas gift to them.
Marie and her daughter Ashley joined us, and we had a lovely time.
We window shopped in some lovely stores along 41st Avenue.
Aren't these Christmas scenes lovely?


We met at the Secret Garden tea shop at noon.
I brought Yvette Marie, my Bleuette doll, along to show her new dress and cape to my Mom.
If you click on the pictures, you'll see a larger view.

I also brought along gifts for my sisters and Mom and niece.
Here's my Mom and Leona.

Here's Marie and Ashley.

And here we all are, with the lovely tea things before us.

We each had a variety of delicious little sandwiches, scones with jam and clotted cream, and tantalizing desserts. The menu changes each month. The price is $26.99 each.
My Mom had her own little tea tray, because Leona's things were separate due to her nut allergy.

The desserts were fantastic. The orange things on top of 2 of them are sugared Clementines.

Another view of the tea tray.

Ashley and I enjoying tea together.

Me and my Mom.
It was a wonderful day, and we hope to make it a yearly tradition.

Isn't this the sweetest little thing?

1 comment:

Helen said...

Ladies at high tea. What a lovely pictures this makes. The sandwich tray looks delicious. Glad you had a good time. This would make a very nice Christmas tradition.