Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My 52nd birthday at Bridal Veil Falls Part Two.

After lunch at Minter Gardens, which was eaten outside and very delicious, we headed up the TransCanada Highway on our way to Merritt BC.
We stopped at Bridal Veil Falls.
This is a gorgeous spot. I had only been there once before. My parents enjoyed coming here often whenever they visited Harrison Hot Springs. I need to come back soon. This is my country! I am a west coast person, and I love the forests, moss, ferns and tall cedar trees.

This is part of the falls at the lower end. It's a fairly steep climb but not bad at all.

Isn't this just stunningly beautiful?
It does look like a bride's veil.

And this beauty is only 1 1/2 hours from our home!

Robert beside the falls. I couldn't tweak the picture in my program; the light was off in the forest!

Devil's club with spikes underneath the leaves, one of the dangers in the forest.
According to this Website the stems and roots are medicinal, and Native Americans used them and believed the thorns were there to protect the medicine inside. If you have time, please read the link I've provided. It's very interesting!

Showing just how big the leaves can grow, and the stems grow to 10 feet high.
Robert and I love to roam the forests, and I'm so glad we stopped here to see the falls!

No comments: