Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pictures of August Gusa's willow basket.

Here are a few pictures of the beautiful willow wicker basket my great Grandpa August Gusa made.
My Mom had kept this for years, and then when she moved to a smaller place in 1998, she inherited it to me. I've kept it hanging in my linen closet out of harm's way.

The outside of the pretty basket.
Apparently many people from Volhynia had these skills.

It was a lovely summer day today, so I thought I'd photograph the basket along with my laundry on the line! Wouldn't great Grandpa August be pleased?

4 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

What a gorgeous basket. So wonderful to have something your great grandfather actually made with his bare hands. He sure was talented!
Hope your having a wonderful summer. It has been quite some time since I've been round these parts, and I'm loving the new blog look. Well, new to me at least.
Maureen

Simply Shelley said...

Very pleased indeed....it is a beautiful basket. I have a few from my mother in law,but have no idea of their history...blessings friend.

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Hi loved your laundry shot,it has such a happy feeling in it :)I followed you :)I started a blog a few days ago at http://dollsvalley.blogspot.in/ I would really appreciated if you can follow me back :) I write and post my pictures of my fashion dolls there!!Thanks :)