Thursday, January 3, 2013

A frosty ramble...

Today, January 3, 2013 was a gorgeous rare day in Vancouver!
The sun shone and it was -2 C.
I bundled up and headed outdoors for a walk in my neighbourhood at 9:15 am.
These photos are part of the frosty landscape.
I just love days like this. They are a rare jewel around here.


The frosty moss on our front sidewalk.



I love how this photo turned out!
Look at the size of the cedar tree on the left.

This is the back of the school building where I attended Grade 1 and 2.

The main school building. You can't see it too well, but there is a hopscotch pattern painted on the cement under the window. My friends and I used to play here for hours.
The side door is where my Mom used to pick me up after Kindergarten was let out.

The old building; Sir Wilfred Grenfell School.
The memories I have of this place!

Another view of the old building. A wheelchair ramp has been added.
Dan Partington used to eat apples underneath this side porch; he ate the seeds too!
I rambled about for 45 minutes and it was fun to take these shots.

No comments: