Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Emma Cork Palmer, my GG Grandmother!

I'm still working my way through my Dad's photos, scanning them in.
I'm amazed that I never noticed these photos before, but when you're in your 20's you are only concerned about yourself. Then you meet a spouse if you're fortunate, and begin a family, and for about 20 years you are only interested in your own family!
Then things wind down a little and you come up for air and think "Why did my ancestors leave England and Wales and move to the prairies of all things?" and life gets interesting.
I'm amazed and grateful that I actually have so much to work with.
I feel quite satisfied with all the organizing I can work on each week.
I'm currently adding the photos to a Facebook genealogy group, which I began this past weekend, for the Williams and the Palmer clan. It helps to keep everything in one place.
I cropped the photo above, and brightened it a little.
This is Emma Cork Palmer, born on July 21, 1851 and died on April 17, 1931.
She married George Palmer, of glove cutting fame, on October 17, 1871 in St. James, Taunton, Somerset England.
One of her daughters, Alma, is with her. 
Emma and George had 13 children according to information one of my second cousins gave me.

Here is the photo untouched and with my Grandma, Alma May Williams' handwriting.
On the back is this:
I believe it's my great aunt, Dorothy Palmer's handwriting.

No comments: