Friday, May 3, 2013

MYSTERY PEOPLE

My genealogy research has now become even more mysterious.
Tee hee...you know I love a good mystery!
Jacqueline V my second cousin, has sent me emails of all these old photos, found in her Dad's (Sydney Palmer) collection. We don't have any idea who they are, but assume they may be relatives.
I really love the one above and wish I knew who they are!
UPDATE: April 30, 2018 We have found out who they are! I recently got in touch with Barry Palmer, my Dad's first cousin. (son of Bert and Ginny Palmer) He identified the man; he remembered him! He's Frederick Puddy, Joan Palmer's father, and that's her mother Daisy (Holbrook). Joan is Sydney's wife, so these were his inlaws. Isn't that fascinating? That's why the photo was carefully preserved in the album.
Robert did a little researching and discovered that the symbol on the man's left sleeve has a meaning:
The crossed flags mean he is a signaler and the crossed rifles mean he is a marksman.
Does this mean he was involved in WWI?
I love the lady's hat!

This photo was very spotted with age, so I removed them as best I could and brightened it.
I wonder who these 3 young women are, and where are they? 
I would date this photo as being in the mid 1920's. The skirts are nearly up to the knees and they are wearing cloche hats. 

Jacqueline and I believe this may be Herbert Palmer's 2nd wedding photo.
He married a second time on January 11, 1943, to May Elizabeth Cottol.
Oh, I do wish that people would have written names on the back of these photos.
How helpful that would be!

No comments: