Thursday, January 2, 2014

A date at the library...

My new love at the moment is PicMonkey, free online!
I look for vintage photos from the public domain, save them, and then play around with them in PicMonkey. It's Such Fun!
Robert and I went downtown in the pouring rain today, and spent some time in the archives on the 5th and 7th floors at the main library branch. This is the first time we've done this.
In particular, he was searching for a copy of a photo of himself and his sister, Margaret, sitting on a swing set near Deer Lake in Burnaby. He was wearing his Scout uniform. 
Robert believes the photo was taken in the spring of 1971, and put in the Vancouver Sun newspaper. Well, we searched a few rolls of microfiche until our eyes gave up, and we had lunch at Blenz coffee shop and then came home.
I discovered the volumes of Vancouver cross city directories, oh joy! I took a few pictures of what I discovered and will add them here later.
By Loretta Houben

No comments: