Saturday, November 14, 2015

Remembering France...November 13th, 2015 tragedy.


I hurried off to do a few errands yesterday afternoon, but before I left I was on my computer, where I get news updates from a local radio station.
A strong earthquake measuring 7 hit the coast of Japan, and the next update said 18 people had been killed in a restaurant attack in Paris.
That startled me and I was surprised.
When I returned home, the situation in France had worsened, and later that night, glued to the television screen, I learned about the terrorist attacks in Paris, killing over 120 people and injuring many more.
I was sickened in my soul.
It just gives one a sinking horrific feeling that human beings are filled with such hate and corruption and willingly go about massacring them.
Of course it's nothing new in this world, but I live in such a comfortable zone on earth, and I forget what a great percentage of people suffer daily.
Plus I've visited Paris once, and it is a beautiful and delightful city.
I put together a Facebook banner and so I am sharing it here on my little blog.
Amos 5:24
But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an
ever flowing stream.
By Loretta Houben

No comments: