Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!


Happy New Year to all my dear friends and family!
I rarely hear from most of you, but as long as I'm able I will continue to post on this little blog of mine. It's similar to a journal, although my posts were down last year.
I'm not as prolific as I used to be, due to writing for the little local newspaper, and doing genealogy research. I went on quite a roll last year!


 After lounging about this AM and chatting with my sis Leona (1st one to call on the phone) and my parents, we went for a drive to see the gorgeous North Shore mountains, only they were encased in thick fog, so we wound up driving to Horseshoe Bay, a place I love, and there it was cold and clear so we walked along the pier and shore, took some photos, and had lunch at Trolls, a fish and chip place which has been there over 65 years. I'd never eaten there before. It was quite good, but not as good as Tony's Fish & Chips at Granville Island. We came home and I made a batch of New Year Kutchen; a German yeast dough recipe from my mom. Her mom, Helen Brutke, used to make them each New Year's Day. They have raisins and are delicious. It's best to eat them warm after they are deep fried. Yummy. You dip them in sugar and they are quite addictive.


 It was a nice relaxing day. Robert had all week off, and it flew by quickly.
I trust the New Year will bring you good things, and happy healthy days, filled with God's richest blessings.
By Loretta Houben


No comments: